Monday 24 March 2014

BOYS Sentences

Using Alan Peat's exciting sentences we are trying to improve our writing.  We have been learning about BOYS sentences.  These are sentences where you include the words:
But
Or
Yet
So

These help us to add detail to our writing and allow us to include complex sentences!

Check out the sentences we have written and comment below the post. Can you spot the BOYS words?

 Christina's sentence
 Faye's sentence


 Kenna's sentence


 Layton's sentence


Mia's sentence


5 comments:

  1. Brilliant work, I could spot the BOYS words, what super detailed sentences! Success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know about BOYS before now but now I do so I will use it in my class! Thanks guys. Great sentences

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way Christina has used 'but' and an adjective to make her writing more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see young writers learning some new tricks, so I'm really impressed with their writing - But, Or, Yet and So are such useful words to use! And, it's inspiring to be able to follow their work on this blog - well done to the class and Mr Needle! Looking forward to reading more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Mia's calligraphy. Good writing!
    From Pizza Marguarita

    ReplyDelete